Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cory Aquino: An Icon of Democracy




Former President Maria Corazon "Cory" Conjuanco Aquino died of cardiopulmonary arrest after complications from a stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 76, today August 1, 2009, 3:18 a.m., at the Makati Medical Center. The whole nation is mourning her death, but our nation will always rekindle the flame of democracy that Cory Aquino had began. She believe that the Filipino is worth dying for. She said from her TV interview last September 2008 with GMA News, "I thank all the Filipino. I thank GOD, He made me a Filipino..." her last message from an interview with Jessica Soho of GMA News.


For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV

In 1986 Cory Aquino brought back democracy to our country, I was still in the elementary then. I may not appreciate it before but what she have done and fight for... me and my children have gain benefit today.

God Bless Cory Aquino, a good wife, a loving mother, our president and A GLOBAL ICON OF DEMOCRACY to all.
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

Jhong Medina's - Qlick Blog Headline Animator