Friday, October 1, 2010

Vibrams Five Fingers Media Lunch

How did I got my Vibrams?

My Pair of Vibram Five Fingers

Last September 22, 2010, I was invited to Vibrams Five Fingers or also know as VFF media lunch. The VFF media launch was held at Paolo's Boot Camp,  The Metropolitan Club, Rockwell, Makati in the Philippines. I was fortunate enough to test run a Size 43 Red Black Sprint Vibrams Five Finger. There were lot of prominent atheletes presents and I was able meet Madz a.k.a Minnie Runner. She's with a co-league in her work and a fellow blogger Alfredo Vedarozaga aka Running Atom.

VFF Media “Lunch” 

A weeks ago before the VFF Media Lunch, A friendly person named Kim, invited me through email about the VFF Media Lunch. Ok I want to emphasized he's a he, at first I thought he's a she, that's why I address him as Ms. Kim on my reply, but he did not correct me.. Anyways, he told me if I'll send him my address and contact info so that he will send me an invitation for the Vibrams Five Finger Media Launch. I left Dasmarinas City, at around 7:00AM so that I can arrive on time even I will be caught in the traffic. The invitation said the event will start at 10am, since there were no traffic along the way I arrived as early as 9:30 AM. At that time, they were still preparing the registration and I think I'm one of the early bird and first to fit and try out one of the VFF in that event.

I like the caption of their uniforms.

A few minutes before the event start, I notice Madz (Minnie Runner) at my back. I approached her but didn't greet her right away so that I would know if she can recognized personally. She only noticed me when I approached her once again and told her “Hi Madz, Can I take you picture?” Then she exclaim, “Hey, Jhong!” I thought she wouldn't recognized me.

My runner friends.

After a small chat, one person approach us and introduced himself as “Juan” and he requested if we could take pictures with us in front the VFF backdraft. We have no idea who's the guy but we replied, “Sure!”. Then afterwards, he gave his calling card indicating his name “JUAN CARLOS R. ABAD” under it is “BIG TOE”. We only new that he's the President of barefootwear, inc. when he was introduced by the Lady MC during the event. The event finished at around 1PM, after some product introductions and experience sharing of prominent sport celebrities the country.

Trying Out My Red Hot Vibrams


Right after the event, I tried wearing my new Red Black Sprint VFF at the office to try how it fits. At first it was a little odd because it's my first time to wear something in between my toes. I tried to walk it out and it really feels that your really walking on bare feet. A lot of my office mates notice it and even inside the elevator it's been a head turner.

Wearing Red Sprint Vibrams


blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

Jhong Medina's - Qlick Blog Headline Animator