Goodbye Ondoy, Hello Typhoon PEPENG! Hmmp... Kainis!!!"As of 5:00 p.m, 30 September 2009 Today, (Philippine Time) a Typhoon at the east of Northern Mindanao has entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) and was named 'PEPENG'." As forcasted by PAGASA.
Yes, another storm coming, I know a lot of families in Luzon have not yet recovered from the trauma of the Typoon Ondoy. Then here comes Typhoon PEPENG, a lot of us was not expecting Typhoon Ondoy will be this traumatic. We were caught off-guard even for those people where flooding is a normal scenery in their cities (Malabon, Marikina, Pasay & Pasig). I guess we have to be prepared this time. We should expect the unexpected.
So here are some tips and preparations in case of unexpected emergency like this occurs:
1.) Prepare Food Supplies suitable for 2-3 days.
- We should have at least have Can Goods for us to consumed if this will happen again.
- Don't Panic - make preparations where you can store food and a place you can safely stay.
- What is a disaster supply kit? - First Aid Kits, Spare Clothes, Flash Lights, Candle and etc. packed in one bag.
- Secure your valuables specially documents such as Passport, Birth Certificates, Licenses, Cellphone, Money and Jewelries (For Pawn?) and etc.
- Phil. National Red Cross - 527-0000
- NDCC :912-5668, 911-1406, 912-2665, 911-5061
- Nearest Hospital/Police/Fire Station Contact Numbers
So what do you think? You can add more tips by commenting on this blog.